In some marriages, a spouse re-located to Maryland for purposes of the marriage.  This can be complicated when the marriage, with children, breaks up and the spouse wants to re-locate to his or her home state where their family is located.  Is this possible or permissible?  The answer is, with court approval, it might be possible and appropriate—in the right case.  The court needs to consider a number of factors, including the relative parenting strengths and weaknesses of the parties.  This case demonstrates the importance of retaining counsel to help you through these unquestionably difficult situations, including potential re-location with your children.